IOM Finland provides assisted voluntary return and reintegration (AVRR) programme to migrants wishing to return from Iceland. The target groups are asylum seekers, victims of trafficking, unaccompanied migrant children and other migrants considered vulnerable, among others. The assistance provided to beneficiaries includes:
- Pre-departure counselling
- Support with travel document acquisition
- Help with registering children born in Iceland
- Travel arrangements to the final destination in the country of origin
- Assistance during transit and arrival
- Escort services (medical or operational) when needed
- Special arrangements for vulnerable individuals
Beneficiaries are also assisted at the Reykjavik airport upon departure and provided with a pre-departure cash payment by the Icelandic Directorate of Immigration. Some beneficiaries also receive reintegration support after their return, which is paid by the IOM office in the country of origin.
The AVRR programme from Iceland is funded by the Icelandic Directorate of Immigration.
In addition to the assisted voluntary return and reintegration for migrants wishing to return, IOM Finland provides capacity building for Icelandic counterparts. This includes, for example, trainings on AVRR case management, on pre-departure assistance for returnees and on how to support migrants in vulnerable situation (such as unaccompanied migrant children, victims of trafficking, elderly people or pregnant individuals).
- Contact Information
For more information, contact IOM Finland: email@example.com