IOM Finland provides assistance to migrants who wish to return from Finland. The assisted voluntary return and reintegration (AVRR) programme from Finland is targeted at the following groups:
- Persons who have received a negative decision on their asylum application;
- Persons who have withdrawn their asylum application;
- Victims of human trafficking who do not have a municipality of residence in Finland;
- Persons who have received temporary protection;
- Persons who have been granted a temporary residence permit because they cannot be removed from the country, but who do not have a municipality of residence in Finland;
- Persons whose international protection status in Finland has been withdrawn or cancelled and a decision has been made to deport them.
However, IOM Finland may assist also other migrants wishing to return – please contact us for more information.
The assistance provided by IOM Finland includes:
- Pre-departure counselling
- Assistance with travel document acquisition
- Help in registering children born in Finland
- Travel arrangements from beneficiaries’ current location in Finland to the final destination in the country of return
- Possible reintegration support such as cash or in-kind assistance
If you wish to apply for assisted voluntary return, please contact your reception center, social worker, the Finnish Immigration Service or IOM Finland.
- Contact Information
For inquiries regarding the AVRR program or process, please contact email@example.com.
Our telephone helpline (+358 9 684 11 588 or +358 40 3501758) is available from Monday to Friday 10h–12h30.